Monday, October 21, 2013

Fun activities with dogs!

As a dog owner and enthusiast myself, there are myriad of activities a person can do with their dogs :) A couple of things I want to talk about are 1) teaching your dog tricks and 2) doing agility with your dog.

When I was younger, I dreamed of becoming a dog trainer.  However, college is really busy with school and jobs, so I don't have enough time to be a dog trainer.  Nevertheless, I enjoy the relationship I build with a dog when training.  Not only does it build trust, but it is also good mental stimulation for a dog.  When dogs get too bored, they can be destructive in the house.  Tricks are a great way to prevent that! :)

Here is a video of some awesome tricks to teach a dog!




Next, I want to talk about agility!  Agility is when a dog runs through an obstacle course as fast as it can.  Agility is fantastic because it's not only mental stimulation for a dog, but also great exercise!  Here is a picture of me and my dog from the agility class I took her to:


Agility can be very competitive in America, and each year the American Kennel Club has a competition to see what dog is the fastest.  This is the nationals video from 2009:



If any of you are looking to be dog owners, consider doing some of these activities with your dog!  They make life that much more fun and interesting :)

4 comments:

  1. omg, the cut scenes in that first video were insane!!! the dog was SURFBOARDING!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. トービンさん、犬をきちんとしつけることは、犬にとっても人間にとってもいいと思います。日本のペットオーナーは、ペットに服を着せたりして、ちょっと甘いと思います。 $5, $15 total 川口

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, both videos are amazing! they are really smart!!!
    You and your dog also participate in a convention of agility?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so interested in dog traning,because I dont have no idea how to training. My dog cant do anything....he is so old but do you think still can train him?

    ReplyDelete